A simple and delicious pasta sauce recipe, perfect for a quick and lazy dinner!
INGREDIENTS (3-4 portions)
•1 tbsp olive oil
•1 crushed garlic clove
•1 can of chopped tomatoes
•200ml red wine
•2 tbsp tomato purée
•2 tsp sugar
•A handful of chopped fresh basil
•black pepper to season
1) Heat the oil and gently simmer the garlic for a minute
2) Add the canned tomatoes and stir through
3) Add the wine and stir in the tomato purée
4) Add the sugar and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes
5) Stir through the basil and season to taste
I served this with rigatoni and a slice of goats’ cheese on top. Delicious!