Along with goats cheese, halloumi is one of my favourite types of cheese for adding to a main meal. Its chewy texture makes it a wonderful meat substitute. I grilled it in fresh mint for an extra refreshing flavour. The ingredients below actually made enough for two moderate sized portions so perfect for a light dinner tonight and tomorrow!
100g cous cous
300ml boiling water
2tbs olive oil
A few leaves of fresh mint, chopped
100g halloumi, thickly sliced
100g cherry tomatoes
50g mixed pitted olives (I used the fresh ones)
A few sprigs of fresh coriander
1) Place cous cous in a bowl, add boiling water, cover and leave to stand.
2) Place tomatoes and halloumi separated on a baking tray. Mix the mint and olive oil then drizzle over the halloumi.
3) Place under the grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until slightly golden.
4) When the halloumi and tomatoes are ready, leave to stand for a minute and fluff up the cous cous with a fork.
5) When serving up, I dished half into my bowl and half into my tupperware. Mix the cous cous with tomatoes so that it absorbs the juice a little.
6) Add the olives, cut the halloumi into smaller pieces and place on top.
7) Finish with a few sprigs of coriander for extra flavour.
That was delicious! I feel comfortably full and can’t wait for dinner time tomorrow!