What to cook on a Wednesday evening for one
From this recipe, you should have plenty of bolognaise left over for two more servings. All you’ll need to cook next time is the spaghetti!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 100g closed-cup mushrooms
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 300g Quorn mince
- a dash of red wine (and a glass to enjoy with the meal!)
- 500g sieved tomato passata
- 75g wholewheat spaghetti
- handful of basil leaves
- a few sprinkles of grated cheddar (vegetarian of course!)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and oregano.
- Sizzle on a medium heat for 2 minutes then add the mushrooms. After a minute, stir in the tomato puree.
- Add the Quorn mince and allow to sizzle for 5 minutes. If the mixture starts to get a little dry, add a drop more olive oil.
- Pour in a drop of red wine and stir.
- Add the passata, cover and turn down the heat. Leave to cook gently for 20 minutes. Occasionally check; if the bolognaise is looking a little dry, just add water and stir.
- In the meantime, boil some water in a pan and add the spaghetti. Remember, wholewheat spaghetti takes a good deal longer to cook that white spaghetti!
- Serve bolognaise on top of the spaghetti with fresh basil leaves and a sprinkling of cheese.