On a hot day like today I just felt like something quick, light and refreshing for dinner. Here’s what I did:
6 cherry tomatoes (whole)
6 closed cup mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 courgette (sliced)
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
100g soft goats cheese
A handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar for drizzling
150g bulgar wheat
600ml boiling water
1. Place the bulgar wheat in a plastic container and pour the water on top. Seal the container and leave to stand.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180 c
3. Place vegetables on a baking tray, drizzling the olive oil on top.
4. Allow to cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally.
5. Check the bulgar wheat- if water is still visible, place container in the microwave for a further minute until the water had absorbed.
6. Fluff the bulgar wheat with a fork and tip onto your serving dish.
7. Add the roasted veg, as well as your goats cheese and basil leave.
8. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
A tasty summer evening delight!